Trouble building bind with Openssl support

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Feb 11 22:45:33 UTC 2014

In message <CC3391F3E76E3D4C8B3F9B168BF73FE13FDF9482 at umechpha.easf.csd.disa.mil
>, "Olsen, Richard William (Rick) CTR DISA PEO-MA (US)" writes:
>
> We have been trying to build bind using with-openssl=PATH and not have it req
> uire the full openssl install on the destination system.

Why do people try to make things more complicated than they need
to be.  Just install openssl on the system.

If you really want to go down this path then you need to copy over
the shared library which is dynamically loaded into named at runtime
or rebuild openssl to include the gost code in libcrypto.  The
windows code we ship uses the latter solution.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org