Two hidden masters - sending notifications to public slaves.

Maren S. Leizaola leizaola at udr.hk.com
Mon Jul 7 11:22:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

We are setting up to do zone generations of two separate hidden masters
which will take turns on the zone generation.

Public/visible DNS servers "should" get notifies from both servers and
select the one with the with the highest serial number.

I am planning to run bind on one server and knot on the other. On bind i
have the issue that it would not send notifies to the name servers until
I turned on "notify-soa  yes;". However I realise that his will only
notify one single DNS server and introduces a single point of failure.

How do I get bind to send notifies directly to each of the servers?

Regards,
Maren