problem registering DS records with EDUCAUSE, sanity check please

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 14 20:40:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 01:24:38PM -0700,
 Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote
 a message of 135 lines which said:

> And finally, the new key I just created, for which I'm trying to add DS
> records. The dsset file created by dnssec-signzone says these records should
> be:

I find the same values as you, using dnssec-dsfromkey from the key in
the DNS. Also, Zonecheck agrees:

% zonecheck -s DS:68893E21C919C85530F9033B4315F68D1248CDBC:SHA-1 csupomona.edu
==> SUCCESS (but 6 warning(s))

If the DS were invalid, it would have say "The given DS or DNSKEY does
not correspond to any DNSKEY in the zone".

So, I suspect a bug in EDUCAUSE.