Can someone please translate entries from query.log file?

Carsten Strotmann cas at strotmann.de
Wed Jul 16 17:27:25 UTC 2014

Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> writes:

> Truly, you need to upgrade.  The latest BIND 9 should still build
> and run on Solaris 8 though that hasn't been tested in years.  You
> will need to install a C99 or later based compiler.

Hi Samad Agha,

I've a working Solaris 8 develop environment where I can build BIND 9
installer packages. The latest I've build is 9.9.3-P2 with
Response-Rate-Limiting patches, but I can build the latest 9.9.5 version
for you next week if you do not have your own build environment.

You can find 9.9.3-P2 at
<http://support.menandmice.com/download/bind/solaris/9/sparc/9.9.3-P2/>

Best regards

Carsten