Configure error - openSSL. Mac OS X

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Mar 11 03:15:06 UTC 2014

The first thing is that configure has decided that we are cross
compiling which is because the simple executable did not run.

configure:3472: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:3510: result: yes

I haven't upgraded my machine to Mavericks yet so I can't test this.
The version of clang you are using works with 10.8.5 so the first
thing I would do is make sure you are completely up to date at the
OS level.

The program that configure is trying to compile and run is:

#include <stdio.h>
int
main ()
{
FILE *f = fopen ("conftest.out", "w");
 return ferror (f) || fclose (f) != 0;

  ;
  return 0;
}

So I would do that by hand.

gcc -o conftest    conftest.c
./conftest

If that fails open a bug report with Apple.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org