bind v9.9.5 becomes unresponsive when using samba4 dlopen driver

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Mar 12 20:37:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:09:44PM +0200, Nikos Mitas wrote:
> at this point, nslookup and rndc are not working, the only option i have is
> to kill samba and named and start over. But after a while the problem
> repeats.
>
> any help will be very welcome

Offhand I'd guess it's a deadlock.  Does it happen if named is built
without threads?  Can you attach to the process with gdb and get a
backtrace?

You can submit a bug report against BIND at bind9-bugs at isc.org -- if
you do, please include as much information as possible about the system
you're running on, how you configured the built ("named -V" will tell
you this), and your named.conf ("named-checkconf -px" dumps a copy of
your configuration with key secrets omitted).

If the problem's in the samba DLZ module, I probably won't be able to
help you, but if it's in the dlopen driver, perhaps I can.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.