GeoIP in 9.10 RC2

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu May 1 04:38:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:33:06PM +0200, Ali Jawad wrote:
> Any hints ?

So, yeah, that's embarrassing.  It never crossed my mind to test geoip
ACL elements by referencing them indirectly in named ACLs, as you did;
I only referenced them directly. Apparently none of the folks who've
been using the code in production ever tried that either. Kudos for
your QA skills.  :)

Thanks to you, I am now aware of the fact that, while the following
configuration does work:

        match-clients { geoip country US; };

...this one doesn't:

        acl geoipUS { geoip country US; }
        match-clients { geoipUS; };

The problem is that when the "geoipUS" ACL is merged into match-clients
for the view, the geoip information doesn't get copied correctly.

The attached patch should fix it.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.