Bind 9.10 and OpenBSD 5.5

paranoid.schizophrenic.2 paranoid.schizophrenic.2 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:20:40 UTC 2014

I don't know if anyone else has found this issue yet, but there is a
problem building bind 9.10 (and 9.9.5) under the new release of OpenBSD
(5.5). The problem is caused by the OpenBSD's team recoding the arc4random
functions. It appears that they removed two public functions
(arc4random_addrandom,
and arc4random_stir) during this process and one of the bind modules
(lib/isc/random.c) uses one of those functions (arc4random_addrandom).

I developed two patches that at least allow bind's make to complete. The
make test runs the same as it did on 5.4, and appears to run a reasonably
simple caching and authoritative server.

--
paranoid sysadmin