bin 9.10 verbose logging

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue May 6 14:39:04 UTC 2014

Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> Ummmm, since upgrade 9.9.5 to 9.10 every request to the name server is
> spewing copious amounts of debug type data (thankfully I only upgraded
> the one server)
>
> Was debug left on in the final release source code? :)

When I was running pre-release versions I hacked out some of the new EDNS
logging (see link below) which I thought would be adjusted before release
but I think someone forgot :-) An alternative patch would be to reduce the
ISC_LOG_NOTICE to ISC_LOG_DEBUG(3).

https://github.com/fanf2/bind-9/commit/73a2c0ec42c0915bde0275c81861f57645daf683

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, South Faeroes: Mainly southerly or southeasterly,
becoming cyclonic 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first. Moderate or rough. Rain or
showers. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.