Point domain name of my zone to name in somebody else's zone?

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue May 6 16:38:44 UTC 2014

The apex name of a zone can't own a CNAME, if that's what you're asking.
E.g. the name "example.com" can't be a CNAME pointing at
"otherexample.com".

But, of course, you can certainly put A and/or AAAA records at the apex,
that resolve to one or more addresses in one or more ranges you don't
own/control.

                         - Kevin