isc domain lookup

Yossi Eskenazi yossi.eskenazi at gmail.com
Fri May 16 04:38:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I did a research after asking the question, and
came to the same conclusion. But it didn't occur to me that it could
be a firewall, I thought it was the name server doing it, maybe
blacklisting the domains beginning with "isc". Does the fact that the
query times out show it is a firewall? If it was the dns server, would
it reject the query?

My problem is, I host a domain beginning with "isc", and it cannot get
mail from many domains. If it wasj just "someone", I wouldn't mind,
but there are many domains which cannot get through. The problem
appeared rather recently, so I suspect that an update in a firewall
brand, or a dns server update is causing this.

Thanks for your help.