Default BIND query timeouts

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon May 19 23:25:21 UTC 2014

If a client sends a recursive query to the BIND instance, and that
instance needs to fetch the answer from one or more other upstream
sources, then my understanding is that the "resolver-query-timeout"
global option (see the BIND docs) controls the timeout for each one of
those upstream transactions. Default value is 10 seconds.

Does that answer your question?

     - Kevin