xfer log file

Graham Clinch g.clinch at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 11:02:17 UTC 2014

> In the xfer log file, there are line of request to servers and ones of
> reply from the servers.  Do they come in pairs? If do, are they next to
> each other?

Assuming we're thinking of the same xfer log (categories
xfer-in/xfer-out)...

In normal operation you could expect pairs:

* '(A|I)XFR started' & '(A|I)XFR ended' for xfer-out,
* 'connected' & 'Transfer completed' for xfer-in

but they won't necessarily be next to each other - a second transfer may
start before the first has finished (however, perhaps with
transfers-in/transfers-out set to 1...?)

It'll be different in error/failure situations.

Is there a particular reason to be interested in whether a transfer
completes before the next one starts?

Graham