Inline-signing feature request: Directly set the signed zone's serial number

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Fri Oct 17 17:06:12 UTC 2014

FYI,
	If you had to do this all over again, and your tools are flexible enough to handle arbitrary RRTYPEs, you might consider using a "private" RRTYPE (in the 65280-65534 range). See http://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters/dns-parameters.xhtml#dns-parameters-4 and/or http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6895.

Repurposing HINFO for something other than expressing host-related info, is just downright confusing/surprising. Principle of Least Astonishment.

												- Kevin