Diagnostic help part 2

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Tue Sep 30 22:30:48 UTC 2014

On 9/30/14, 4:15 PM, Charles Swiger wrote:
> Hi--
>
> On Sep 30, 2014, at 1:59 PM, Bill Christensen
> <billc_lists at greenbuilder.com <mailto:billc_lists at greenbuilder.com>>
> wrote:
>> Fair enough.
>>
>> <http://localhost:10800/bind8/edit_master.cgi?zone=Africabound.org>Africabound.org
>> <http://Africabound.org>
>> SustainableSources.com
>>
>> The server that's giving problems is ns1.sustainablesources.com
>> 205.238.182.102
>
> Your 102 box doesn't seem responding to 53/udp or 53/tcp from the outside:
>
> http://www.dnsinspect.com/sustainablesources.com/1412110958
>
> There's a bunch of other issues.  In particular, BIND 9.6-ESV is the
> oldest version
> which anyone should be running on the public internet, and even that
> is sufficiently
> obsolete that I think support for that ended this year.
>
> Regards,
> --
> -Chuck

I'm aware that the BIND 9.6 on the other machine is rather ancient, and
have plans to move off it in the reasonably near future.  And the other
issues.  Trying to clean them all up.

But I still have the initial problem of getting
ns1.sustainablesources.com 205.238.182.102 to answer.  This is a clean
install of the latest BIND available, after a system upgrade, so there's
probably something wrong with my config.  Problem is, I don't know
what.  I've been over it dozens of times and am stuck, otherwise I
wouldn't have posted here.

Is it kosher to post the config file here?