Basic info on interfaces file

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Wed Apr 1 06:52:34 UTC 2015

This is not really a BIND question; this mailing list is for BIND questions. RTM. Start with this command:

man 5 interfaces

You can use the 'q' key to exit from the manual page.

The BIND name server will not read /etc/resolv.conf (which is what that dns-nameserver line refers to), so set it to '::1'. Or whatever makes sense to you.

The 'address' line sets the local address for the interface, on the server itself.

Good luck. The following may also be of some help:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BIND9ServerHowto

Regards,
Chris