rndc flushname not working

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Apr 9 20:48:43 UTC 2015

On 09.04.15 13:25, Frank Even wrote:
>Is there any place I can look to get a definitive answer in what cases
>"flushname" will and will not work?

it will work if you have old entries in the cache.
that will NOT help you if any of the servers that are supposed to be
authoritative for a domain will return invalid answers for the domain.

>  I've been digging around in lists
>and docs and can't seem to find any definitive answers.  I've been
>having odd troubles clearing a name from a cache and after even
>clearing the name and the name that the name servers was attached to,
>still had to flush the entire cache to get resolution working properly
>on that domain again.

this indicates that any of NS records the domain points to returns NXDOMAIN
for the domain.

hard to tell without more info, but some web DNS checkers are able to trace
this kind of issues...
Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete