BIND statistics

nor masri sahri masri.sahri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:33:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,
currently im doing network research and have to involve DNS in my
simulation. I go through the BIND 9 Administrator Reference documentation
and found very useful stats info for my research area. I have one question,
for example, QryDuplicate field. According to documentation, this is type
of counter that detect queries which servers attempted to recurse but
discovered duplicate same IP address,port,query ID, name etc.
>From this explanation, my taught is that the BIND software can knows all
the info of origin(IP add,port,query ID etc) for the query made to the
server. Does BIND has this feature to monitor the L3 info in the system?If
have, can someone direct me to the complete documentation of it?
Your helpful is much appreciated

--
Regards,

masri.sahri