configuration error in lists.isc.org

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 8 03:23:53 UTC 2015

Am 08.08.2015 um 05:13 schrieb Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng.:
> So, when we were with this provider, our SPF had exclusive pool as good,
> but included the other pool prefixed with '~'

can we stop that foolish discussion on the named list?

that above is pure nonsense - your DOMAIN has either a strict SPF policy
- or a testing policy ~ and no mix of both

~ means "testing, please don't reject if it don't pass" and *nothing*
with good or bad IP's - from the moment on you have a ~ you don't
enforce SPF for *anybody* - bad enough that this topic appeared at all
but much more bad that so many people setup SPF without understand it