SV: Bind bind high recv-q

Søren Andersen SOAN at stofa.dk
Sun Dec 6 19:58:38 UTC 2015

Hi Tony,

Nope, my server is not an open resolver, but a lot of clients are using it :) - Actually one of my customers had a broken netgear device that was making 1000 qps for  time-g.netgear.com. Probably some kind of software bug.

I can recommend dnstop to find "bad dns clients" - But dnstop also showed me I'm getting 5-7K qps, and not 700-800 as collectd showed me.

Do you think this is too much for a VM? - My VM is only loaded 50% on each core.

 /Søren