Multiple logs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 27 19:20:57 UTC 2015

Am 27.12.2015 um 20:08 schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas:

>> Am 27.12.2015 um 19:36 schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
>>> since it can log, it can be used for logging.
>
> On 27.12.15 19:55, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> - used
>> + abused
>
> bullshit. Please learn the difference between LOG and ULOG before
> commenting

don't strip quotes

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/logging.html
syslog versus file

http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/filters.html

how the hell should the kernel in a useful way replace the *querylog* by
working on the *packet level* - a sloppy "I'd choose logging at kernel
level in iptables firewall. ULOG and ulogd can log to libpcap format"
don't answer any question and libpcap is hardly helpful for a querylog