Possible spnego licensing problem

Mukund Sivaraman muks at isc.org
Mon Feb 2 08:56:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 02:07:11PM +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:
> The contents of the file are taken (adapted) from here:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4178#page-16
>
> IETF has published RFC 3978 about "IETF Rights in Contributions":
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3978

RFC 3978 is obsoleted by BCP 78, 79 but it was probably current for RFC
4178.

What I had quoted from this is the contributor's grant to IETF, where
"IETF" is described as:

>    a. "IETF":  In the context of this document, the IETF includes all
>       individuals who participate in meetings, working groups, mailing
>       lists, functions and other activities which are organized or
>       initiated by ISOC, the IESG or the IAB under the general
>       designation of the Internet Engineering Task Force or IETF, but
>       solely to the extent of such participation.

That doesn't exactly mean "general public", so does anyone else know
where a license grant to implementors is documented?

		Mukund