What to report for "refresh: failure trying master ... operation canceled" bug?

Raymond Drew Walker Ray.Walker at nau.edu
Wed Feb 4 20:59:48 UTC 2015

Howdy,

We’ve noticed the error message "refresh: failure trying master ...: operation canceled” in our logs debugged from some slaves not updating DS records in some zones.

Looking into this error over at: https://deepthought.isc.org/article/AA-01213/0/What-causes-refresh:-failure-trying-master-...:-operation-canceled-error-messages.html

So far we have updated the RHEL6 kernel on the slaves which did nothing.

We have disabled the netfilter module which does seem to resolve the issue in our limited testing, but our sysadmins would like to continue use of this module for other reasons.

My question:
What information would be most useful in our incoming bug report?

—
Raymond Walker
Software Systems Engineer StSp
ITS Northern Arizona University