bind-users Digest, Vol 2012, Issue 1: Re: DMARC Record issue

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Tue Jan 6 18:50:06 UTC 2015

I think you need to understand that what's in the zone file is of little importance -- what matters is how the data is being sent "over the wire" (as they say). The consumers of DMARC (mail servers) only care about the data that gets sent to them over the wire. If it's correct over-the-wire, then you can just ignore how the records are represented in the zone file on the master and/or slave. Nothing to see here, move along.

Do you have access to some sort of packet capture program (e.g. wireshark/tcpdump/snoop) and at least some rudimentary skills in using such a tool? Such a tool and the knowledge to use it, will serve you well if you intend to progress as a DNS administrator.

										- Kevin

P.S. I trimmed the remainder of the message thread, since you responded to a digest and thus included a bunch of messages which are unrelated to the topic at hand.