FYI: adobe.com GSLB DNS servers choking on "nsid"

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jan 13 21:52:07 UTC 2015

We tried.

Its "we don't get enough complaints" so we won't actually ask our
nameserver vendor how to fix this despite us telling them that they
just need to add a CNAME record to the backend zone.

The load balancer has a front end that answers A and AAAA queries.
CNAME/TXT/SOA and "unsual" A and AAAA queries are passed to the
backend (a regular nameserver).  This backend is not configured
with a CNAME record for ardownload.wip4.adobe.com /
airdownload.wip4.adobe.com so it returns NXDOMAIN.

Adding CNAME records to the regular zone will fix some of the errors
with these nameservers.  There are other errors which require the
load balancer vendor to fix.

Mark