Automatic flushing of the jnl files

Howard, Christopher Christopher-Howard at utc.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:53:01 UTC 2015

The journal files get flushed to the zone file periodically, but old
transactions don't get removed so the journal file will continue to grow
forever.  If you're like me and on virtual machines with limited hard disk
capacity, you can limit the journal file size with the max-journal-size
configuration statement.  Just make sure that the size is large enough to
hold all of the transactions between flushes (I believe that's around
every 15 minutes).  Otherwise, after a crash you would be missing records.

-Christopher