Automatic flushing of the jnl files

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jan 21 19:33:47 UTC 2015

Yes, an IXFR is a series of deletes and adds, which both quote whole records. If you re-sign a zone the IXFR can be nearly twice what an AXFR would be! But in fact the factor of two in my patch comes from the journal compaction logic, which halves the size of the journal. So my patch allows the journal to oscillate between the size of the zone and twice that. Smaller journals may mean you have to AXFR when IXFR would be better.

If you use serial-update-method unixtime or date-based serial numbers then you might be able to get the information you want from the journal.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at