Possible memory leak on BIND 9.10.1-P1 running on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p4 - part 2

Mukund Sivaraman muks at isc.org
Tue Jan 27 05:46:04 UTC 2015

Hi Daniel

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 02:56:44PM +0100, Daniel Ryšlink wrote:
> Downgraded to BIND 9.9.6, the leak is gone, using the same named.conf,
> same HW, same environment.
>
> It is highly likely there is really a memory leak problem in Bind
> 9.10.

Because many of these reports are on FreeBSD 10 in a resolver
configuration, we are checking to see if we are able to reproduce it
there.

Meanwhile, please can you enable statistics-channels in named.conf and
send us a dump of the XML statistics along with process sizes reported
by ps when named grows very large?

		Mukund