Question about bind-dlz performance limit

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Jan 27 07:36:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 02:50:33PM +0800, WXR wrote:
> I'm using bind-dlz(bind version 9.10) with mysql to store zone data.
> According to the dlz official documents I use the compile
> arguments " -enable-threads=no".

If you're on 9.10, the documentation you're using is somewhat out of date.

Rebuild with threads; do *not* use "--with-dlz-mysql".  Instead, try
the dynamically-linkable MySQL DLZ module in contrib/dlz/modules/mysql;
it has thread support.

There's no documentation to speak of, but there's a "testing" directory
with a sample configuration you can work from.  I would expect to see
better performance, though still not very good.  (DLZ at its best is
still quite slow.)

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.