local changes to a domain

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jan 29 00:22:49 UTC 2015

Michael Grant <mgrant at grant.org> wrote:

> I pay to use an RBL.  The RBL has provided me a license key that I simply
> tack onto their domain name like 1234-1234-1234.some-rbl.com.
>
> Here's my problem.  As mail passes through my system and is marked up by
> spamassassin, spamassassin kindly puts the domain name including my license
> key into the headers when someone is on this rbl.
>
> One way I thought about solving this would be to put make my local caching
> bind do a sort of "alias" or "augment the reality" of this domain locally
> for me.

Try adding a record to a private zone like

rbl-redirect.private.grant.org DNAME 1234-1234-1234.some-rbl.com

and configure SpamAssassin to use rbl-redirect.private.grant.org instead
of 1234-1234-1234.some-rbl.com

Tony.
Trafalgar: North or northwest 5 or 6. Moderate, occasionally rough. Occasional
drizzle. Good, occasionally moderate.