Allowing recursive queries of 'static-stub' zones

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jan 29 15:02:40 UTC 2015

On 28.01.15 18:39, Enrico Scholz wrote:
>I am trying to setup a nameserver which:
>
>a) allows recursive queries from certain clients only, but
>
>b) provides responses for a static-stub zone (which is used to return
>   PTR records for an RFC2317 setup)
>
>Although I have set 'allow-query { any; };' in the static-stub zone, I
>get a REFUSED for clients not enabled in a).
[...]
>How can I enable recursive queries for 'static-stub' zones?

static-stub only points server to other servers to look up, therefore it
needs recursion too.

Do you want to provice RFC2318 zones for anyont or just for your clients?
In the latter case the allow-recursion should help you for both cases, you
don't need to specify allow-query.

It's now safe to throw off your computer.