stumped on sub domain addition

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Jul 23 18:33:04 UTC 2015

Your A record is working on a "dig +trace" and also working when I do dig @ns10.euca.us and dig @ns11.euca.us.

This suggests the record (or nxrecord) is cached somewhere for normal lookups and will likely be OK after that cache expires.

Record returned:
onqsolutions.euca.us.   21600   IN      A       209.236.238.19

In your SOA you have (in addition to the rest of the record):
"2015072342      ; Serial"
That suggests you updated the record today (07/23) and it automatically updated serial number when you did it.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy