Fwd: Getting an error on a simple DNS configuration

Samad Agha samad.agha2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:14:54 UTC 2015

I put the allow-recursion clause under my options, the #service named
restart failed. Where exactly should I place this allow-recursion clause?

[root at new-dns2 ~]# cat /etc/named.conf
options {
         directory "/var/named";
        allow-recursion (207.151.36.0);
 };

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "db.127.0.0";
};
[root at new-dns2 ~]#

[root at new-dns2 ~]# service named restart
Stopping named: .                                          [  OK  ]
Starting named:
Error in named configuration:
/etc/named.conf:3: '{' expected near '(207.151.36.0)'
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at new-dns2 ~]#