Config large tuning and out of memory

Rich Goodson rgoodson at gronkulator.com
Tue Mar 3 16:44:11 UTC 2015

Job,

I won’t go in to this in detail, as it’s more complicated than “your 32 bit system can’t address more than 4GB of RAM”, but your 32 bit OS is almost certainly your problem.  Most of your 16GB of RAM is unused due to OS limitations.

I’d recommend upgrading to a 64 bit OS, then compile a 64 bit version of BIND with your compile time options.

-Rich