BIND9 statistics vs. BIND8 statistics

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Mar 9 12:03:33 UTC 2015

Steven Carr <sjcarr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 March 2015 at 06:25, Dowon Kim <kimdw at kisa.or.kr> wrote:
> >
> > In BIND8, I can find statistics every hour in the log file (see here below)
> > It was the default for BIND8
> > But in BIND9 I do not find same statistics in the log file.
>
> Please stop posting the same question over and over again. This is the
> 3rd time I've seen this hit the list. If no one has answered then no
> one has the answer.

Yes. And it is not too hard to write a script to log hourly stats.

#!/bin/sh
curl -s -o- http://localhost:853/json/v1/server |
jq -r '"NSTATS \(.["boot-time"]) \(.["current-time"])\(.qtypes | to_entries |
  reduce .[] as $qt (""; . + " \($qt.key)=\($qt.value)"))"' | logger -t named

Tony.
Southeast Biscay, Southeast Fitzroy: Northerly 4 or 5 near finisterre,
otherwise variable 4. Rough or very rough. Mainly fair. Moderate.