Single slave zone definition for two view (cache file name problem)

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Mar 17 15:05:45 UTC 2015

4.x would be quite ancient.   Where are you getting those version numbers?   You should be using 9.x these days so I suspect the BIND version isn't what you think it is.    Is it possible the version you're reporting is you OS rather than your BIND?

What is reported when you run "named -v"?

Anyway what we do is in our views is simply name the internal zone files the same as external and prepend internal- to the name.

e.g. myzone.com = external zone file
internal-myzone.com = internal zone file.

If they're the same you can simply copy from one to the other.   Sometimes they are not the same which is why you have views in the first place.