Modify a Response

John Selva johnselva837 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 02:50:30 UTC 2015

Thanks Mark for your response. Actually, I tried to access the example but I couldn't locate geoip directory. What I really want is to modify the C file that is related to the response action because the methodology that I want to use will be conditional (either respond with normal response with the CNAME format that II mentioned before).
Thanks

     On Friday, March 27, 2015 8:45 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

In message <974880497.19490.1427501061182.JavaMail.yahoo at mail.yahoo.com>, John
Selva writes:

> Hi,
> My name is John and I am new to Bind. I am planning to use Bind9 (as Auth ser
> ver) is some Internet measurement experiment. What I want to do is to respond
> to each query that arrives to the Auth. server by a chain of CNAMEs (the CNA
> ME will have some field depends of the requester position). I am not planning
> to use DNSSEC in this experiment. Can I do such thing? If yes, which module
> (C file) that I should deploy my changes to?
> Many Thanks !
> John

Compile with geoip support and use a dlz module with geoip support.  See
bin/tests/system/geoip for examples.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                INTERNET: marka at isc.org