Doubt regarding acls and internal and external view.

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:47:33 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding acls and internal and external view.

If I have some servers and among them, one only has access part of the
"external (world)" to "internal (my infrastructure)." That would be the
site (www). The rest is only internal.

Like that:

*www                                   --> zone db.external*
*any other server/service  --> zone db.internal*

acl "clients" {
        localhost;
       192.168.1.1/24;
       172.16.1.1/24;
};

view "internal" {
        match-clients { clients; };
        recursion yes;

       zone "internal" {
                type master;
                file "/etc/bind/db.internal";
        };

};

view "external" {
        match-clients { any; };
        recursion no;
        additional-from-auth no;
        additional-from-cache no;

        zone "external" {
                type master;
                file "/etc/bind/db.external";
        };
};

Thus I should only put the site in a zone that is in the external view and
the other servers on the internal view, would it?

--
Elias Pereira