BIND Views advice please

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Oct 9 13:57:31 UTC 2015

Diggins Mike <diggins at mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> One particular concern we have is with zone transfers from the master
> name server, which has not been configured for multiple views. Will the
> slave DNS server store separate copies of each zone, do we need to name
> the local file differently for each view,

Yes and yes.

> and can the single zone transfer from the master update both views
> simultaneously?

No.

You will be able to update both views with one zone transfer after
upgrading to 9.10 by using the in-view option, but 9.8 does not have
that feature.

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire: Easterly 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Slight or
moderate, but rough in southwest Viking. Showers later. Good, occasionally
poor later.