Best practices for coding new RR Types

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Mon Oct 19 19:36:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 12:48 AM, Woodworth, John R <
John.Woodworth at centurylink.com> wrote:

> [...]

 [0-255].[0-255].55.10.in-addr.arpa.
                                    pool-A-${1}-${2}.example.com.

Should be reversed {1} and {2}:
 [0-255].[0-255].55.10.in-addr.arpa.
                                    pool-A-${2}-${1}.example.com.
--  But I see now that 3.4.1.1.8 reverses the order.  I find that
confusing, and would rather have a consistent order, and use 3.4.1.1.9 if
needed.

Section 3.4.1.1.5. Backreference delimiter

For AAAA, would ":" be a better default delimiter?  Do AAAA records use
dots anywhere?