Adding DNS ALG support to Bind?

Bill boober95 at rogers.com
Fri Oct 30 16:38:38 UTC 2015

Thanks for your remarks.  What I am actually looking at is research in mobile
networks where I'd like devices that may or may not be connected to be
accessible by name.  The devices might have different IP addresses when they
connect and I don't want any connection to them to be able to keep an old IP,
or even know what their IP address is.  By that I mean they should appear as
if they initiated the connection from behind the NAT.

I picked up on the DNS-ALG spec as possibly addressing part of this and hoped
if there was an implementation I'd start with it.  If there isn't anything to
help, then I will have to look into implementing my own reversible NAT, using
IPtables, NAT, connection tracking and whatever else I find useful.

/bill