Installing bind is not very clear for me

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Sep 5 02:12:33 UTC 2015

On 05/09/2015 11:41, Mike Hoskins (michoski) wrote:

> Actually, PIX had issues...  I can attest to that, having administered
> several Cisco-based networks including PIX years before I was "a Cisco

The biggest issues we really saw with PIX protected networks was in
early 2000's,
it used to bite in smtp transactions, it never liked qmail.

> That said, PIX was at least stateful (unlike ipchains, as you know that
> was the big selling point of iptables),

I should also have included that some people even today still configure
iptables wrong blocking fragmentation, though not a huge problem as in
early days since netfilter guys must have added code to accommodate
those who dont know better, but it still happens.

> AAA infra (also didn't really like the state of PAM back then)...  as
> it
> is now, the best approach really decided on your use cases.

PAM is evil, its why I like slackware, much much less evil :)