Install BIND 9.9.7-P2 to fix vulnerability CVE-2015-5477

stavrostseriotis StavrosTseriotis at semltd.com.cy
Mon Sep 7 09:24:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a RedHat 5.11 machine and currently I am facing the issue with BIND
vulnerability CVE-2015-5477. I cannot update my BIND using yum because I
didn't install BIND from RedHat at the first place so I need to do it
manually.

I downloaded the package of version 9.9.7-P2 from isc website but since it
is not an rpm file I have to build it myself.

I followed the instructions I found on website
https://deepthought.isc.org/article/AA-00768/0/Getting-started-with-BIND-ho
but it does not change the version of bind. I don't know what I am doing
wrong.

I am wondering if you can give me a little guideline on how to build and
install the new version.

Thank you

<https://www.google.com.cy/imgres?imgurl=https://media.licdn.com/media/p/1/0
00/023/0be/050c20c.png&imgrefurl=https://cy.linkedin.com/pub/george-samuel/9
/489/b02&docid=op1YwxSZ5IULQM&tbnid=SsSTwkgQKs662M:&w=54&h=60&ei=IQCHVI7WGoe
sOqKQgLgN&ved=0CAIQxiAwAA&iact=c>
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS79CaU_8S9mEhkzaW9lc1m
vRchvB_mtZkfc1JH78T5dJvTx4sz

Cooperative Computer Society (S.E.M) Ltd

1306 Nicosia

P.O.B. 25037 CY

Tel: +357 22 553 300

Fax: +357 22 672 774

 <http://www.semltd.com.cy/> www.semltd.com.cy

Stavros Tseriotis

Official D'

OS and Databases Management

 <mailto:stavrostseriotis at semltd.com.cy> stavrostseriotis at semltd.com.cy

The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential
and intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient you should immediately notify the sender and
delete the message and all of its attachments. Do not copy through
any means or use for any reason or reveal its content to anyone. This
message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free or delivered
on time. The sender bears no responsibility for any virus, loss, disruption
or any other damage caused to the sender by the content of this email.
This email has been scanned by an antivirus.