Caching and upper case issue with BIND 9.9.7-P3

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Sep 23 16:01:05 UTC 2015

cypher Nix <ciphernix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone seen this behavior before ? Is this a bug ?

See the CHANGES file:

4079.   [func]          Preserve the case of the owner name of records to
                        the RRset level. [RT #37442]

> This caused issues for certain applications on our network that did string
> comparison and expected the answer section to be in lower case.

That's a bug in those applications.

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire: Easterly 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Slight or
moderate, but rough in southwest Viking. Showers later. Good, occasionally
poor later.