Adding CNAME for the root domain issue

Daniel Dawalibi daniel.dawalibi at idm.net.lb
Wed Apr 27 14:05:50 UTC 2016

Hello John

The below is not working on our BIND version BIND 9.10.0-P2 unless it is working on other version

Domain.com.  CNAME  x.y.com.
www     CNAME x.y.com.

Errors returned when adding these records:

general: dns_master_load: ourweddingaccount.com.db.inter:13: ourweddingaccount.com: CNAME and other data

If we proceed with the below work around by replacing the CNAME with A record, It will resolve but our setup requires a CNAME record.

Domain.com.  A  IPaddress
www     CNAME x.y.com.

Regards
Daniel