problem with latest BIND9 9.11 from git

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 29 10:51:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

(I'm not sure this is the right list for this, but I'm not sure where to
send it, or if it should go to the bug tracker, or if I should just shut up
because it's the bleading edge and I'm going to cut myself.)

Today, I updated the FreeBSD ports, so 9.9.9 and 9.10.4 went without a
hitch, but the bind9-devel port less so.  I updated to the current head,
which is a27dc50, this is after dnssec-keymgr was added.

If I try to build with python, I first get this error:

making all in
/wrkdirs/usr/ports/dns/bind9-devel/work/bind9-a27dc50/bin/python/isc/tests
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 policy.py parse /dev/null > /dev/null
Generating LALR tables
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 -m parsetab
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 policy.py parse /dev/null > /dev/null
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 -m parsetab
make[5]: don't know how to make __init__.pyc. Stop

This is because the Makefile uses a GNUism, which is:
%.pyc: %.py
        $(PYTHON) -m compileall .

So, I resisted the urge to ask a dependency on GNU make and I patched this
to:

.SUFFIXES: .py .pyc
.py.pyc:
        $(PYTHON) -m compileall .

Which got me going a bit further, and then, it died on:
install  -m 0644 ./dnssec-keymgr.8
/wrkdirs/usr/ports/dns/bind9-devel/work/stage/usr/local/man/man8
install: ./dnssec-keymgr.8: No such file or directory

It seems that man page was not generated and committed.  I could add all
the docbook suite as a dependency but it seems overkill... :-/

So, to fix the build, I'm going to comment out the missing man page.

Also, right now, it installs all the .py{,c} files ${libdir} which is
/usr/local/lib, and I don't think it is a good thing.

--
Mathieu Arnold