help

RAM MOHAN, Hari Ganesh hari.rammohan at atos.net
Sat Aug 6 11:51:56 UTC 2016

We are using BIND 9.9.1-P2 version.

[dns at ncldl38036 ~]$ named -v
BIND 9.9.1-P2

Thanks & Regards,
Hari Ganesh Ram Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: bind-users [mailto:bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org] On Behalf Of S Carr
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2016 5:13 PM
To: bind-users at lists.isc.org
Subject: Re: help

On 6 August 2016 at 09:07, RAM MOHAN, Hari Ganesh <hari.rammohan at atos.net> wrote:
> The flow is working for mi-testw03.pt but not working for
> mi-testq03.pt. I really puzzled with such behaviour.

That's simple to answer, mi-testw03.pt is registered in the .pt zone, mi-testq03.pt is not.

For some reason BIND is ignoring the locally configured zone and recursing to the Internet when forwarding from one view to the other.
What version of BIND are you running? DIG 9.3.6 is a very very old version, so if your BIND release is as old as that then it could quite easily be a bug.