Delegation questions

Bob McDonald bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:13:15 UTC 2016

I have a child domain that is delegated to a second site. Pretty
straightforward situation. In the parent zone I have NS records that point
to the DNS servers at the second site.

The issue comes up when a slaved copy of the parent domain is running at a
third site and that third site doesn't have a rule in their firewall
allowing DNS access to the second site (where the child domain is
delegated).

The question is this; can I use stub zones to reference the child domain on
the master server (instead of delegation) and the use forwarding at the
third site to direct queries for the child domain through the master
server?

I hope the picture I've tried to describe is somewhat clear.

Regards,

Bob