Delegation questions

Willmann, Robert Robert.Willmann at commerzbank.com
Fri Aug 12 05:32:39 UTC 2016

Kevin Darcy wrote:

> In any case, multi-hop forwarding is always the least-preferred option.

I wonder for which reason do you think this.

Of course, any forwarding adds a additional hop and therefore additional delay and an additional possible point of failure.
But this is true for any network-connection.

So, what do you think are the DNS-specific downsides of forwarding?
The only thing that comes to mind if I think about downsides of forwarding is that, if something goes wrong, the client only gets a generic SERVFAIL as errormessage instead of a specific explanation what exactly went wrong.

Do you see other downsides to forwarding?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Willmann

--
Commerzbank AG
Group Information Technology

Postanschrift: 60261 Frankfurt am Main
Geschäftsräume: Mainzer Landstr. 151, 60327 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.:	+49 69 136 - 290 71
Fax:	+49 69 136 - 590 71
Robert.Willmann at commerzbank.com

Commerzbank AG, Frankfurt am Main http://www.commerzbank.de