Selective forwarding from an internal only name server

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Wed Aug 17 20:41:51 UTC 2016

Barry,
	Cloudflare has been doing this for a while, so that their customers won't be "limited by the DNS specifications (RFCs)" <rolls eyes>. Having done that, they were compelled to offer another service -- so-called "CNAME flattening" -- to fix the brokenness that's caused by their base offering.

See https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169056-CNAME-Flattening-RFC-compliant-support-for-CNAME-at-the-root

I think Akamai also offers something similar.

									- Kevin